I’ve heard about Photo a Day challenges, but I’ve never actually tried one for my family blog. That’s all about to change.
Like most family bloggers, I love to capture photos of my family and our adventures together. To keep my photography skills sharp this summer, I’m going to try a photo a day project for the month of July. For one month, I’m going to try posting one photo each day on my family blog, often with little or no journaling. I’m going to let the photos speak for themselves, for the most part.
I’m telling you, FBT readers, about my experiment for two reasons:
- to keep myself accountable
- to encourage you to try a photo a day project too!
Here are my goals for the experiment:
- to practice my photography skills (and improve my craft)
- to expand my creativity as I search for items to photograph
- to challenge myself to be consistent with something every day
- to document our summertime adventures
It helps to have a daily theme for the photo a day project. Coming up with my own themes might be fun in the future, but for this first month, I’m going to use themes that I found on Fat Mum Slim (I highly recommend this blog for photo a day project resources!).
At the end of the month, I will report back how things went. Head over to my family blog during the month of July to see how the photo a day experiment goes. I’m looking forward to it!
Have you ever tried a Photo a Day challenge?